Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) medicine (Trimethoprim)
A bladder infection (otherwise known as cystitis) is the most common form of Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) occurring in women.
Signs and Symptoms:
- Burning or stinging pain when passing urine.
- Pain in the lower stomach or lower back.
- Need to pass urine more often (increase frequency).
- Passing only small amounts of urine at a time.
- Blood in the urine.
- Discoloured, smelly or cloudy urine.
- In severe cases: fever feeling unwell, chills, vomiting.
This pharmacy provides the Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) service. An accredited pharmacist can provide a short course antibiotic (trimethoprim) treatment for treating uncomplicated Urinary Tract Infections (UTI). This involves a private consultation with the pharmacist, so your treatment options can be discussed. Please speak to one of our Pharmacy staff regarding this service.